18 VAC 160-20-106. Renewal.
- Licenses for waterworks operators shall expire on the last day of February
of each odd-numbered year. Licenses for wastewater works operators shall expire
on the last day of February of each even-numbered year.
- The Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation shall mail a
renewal notice to the licensee outlining the procedures for renewal. Renewal
notices shall be mailed to the licensee at the last known address of record.
Failure to receive written notice shall not relieve the licensee of the obligation
to renew and pay the required fee outlined in 18 VAC 160-20-102.
- Each licensee applying for renewal shall return the renewal notice, fee,
and, in the case of waterworks licensees only, a statement that the applicant
for license renewal has met the CPE requirement established in 18 VAC 160-20-109
prior to the expiration date shown on the license. If the licensee fails to
receive the renewal notice, a copy of the expired license may be submitted
in place of the renewal notice along with the required fee and, in the case
of waterworks licensees only, a statement that the licensee has met the CPE
requirement in 18 VAC 160-20-109.
- The date on which the renewal fee and any required forms are actually received
by the board or its agent shall determine whether an additional fee is due.
- If the requirements of subsection C of this section are met more than 30
days but less than 12 months after the expiration date on the license, a late
penalty fee shall be required as established in 18 VAC 160-20-102. The date
on which the renewal application, any required documentation and the required
fees are actually received by the board or its agent shall determine whether
the licensee is eligible for renewal and whether an additional fee is due.
- Any individual who fails to renew his license within 12 months after the
expiration date printed on the license shall apply for a new license by examination
in accordance with Part II (18 VAC 160-20-74 et seq.) of this chapter. Such
individual shall be deemed to be eligible to sit for the examination for the
same category and class of license as the expired license.
- The board may deny renewal of a license for the same reasons as it may refuse
initial licensure or discipline a licensee.