How to Take a Course From This Website
Once you are on the main homepage (http://water.mecc.edu) click on Water/Wastewater Courses. This will bring up the list of courses taught from this website. Click on the appropriate course in which you are enrolled. Once you are in the course you will follow the steps listed below. Every course is the same in regards to these steps.
- You must contact the instructor within the first week of class, or be subjected to possible withdrawal from the class.
- The first thing you will need to do is read over the Syllabus for the course. This will explain all the assignments and what is expected of you during the course. The Syllabus will also give you the contact information of your instructor as well as how your grade will be calculated.
- Next, start reading over the online Lessons. Most lessons will have a textbook reading assignment listed as well. Make sure to read all the reading material required for each lesson. At the end of the online lesson there may be an Assignment and Quiz that must be completed. To log in to take a quiz or assignment you will need your first and last name as well as your SIS ID. The SIS ID will act as your password throughout the course. You may take the quizzes as many times as desired, with the highest grade counting towards your progress. If you re-take a quiz you will need to completely close the quiz out and re-log back in so that your new grade will be submitted to the database. Failure to do this will result in no new grade posting to our gradebook as well as the grading of the quiz telling you which ones are incorrect will no occur.
- For those classes that have Virtual Labs (ENV211), you will need to perform the virtual labs in order to answer questions on the Assignments regarding that lab. You will need the current Flash Player to view the virtual labs.
- You will need to find a proctor for you exams. These are the only tests that cannot be taken online. Examples of an acceptable proctor are librarians, other testing centers, and possibly your supervisor. Contact your instructor to see if your chosen proctor will be acceptable. Your exams will be sent to the proctors and they will mail them back to us when you are finished.
- If at any time you have questions or concerns, contact your instructor. Please do not hesitate to contact us for extra help, if we don't know you are having trouble, we can't help you.
- To view your grades in the course you will log in with your first initial and last name (i.e. jdoe), and your SIS ID is your passaword. This will allow you to see what has been submitted to the gradebook. If you do not see a grade for an assignment you know you have completed, contact the instructor to make sure they did receive your assignment, or alert them to a possible problem in the system.